The model was stitched on Yellow, #18 Cork Linen, using 'Cornflower', a Hand-Dyed floss from Carrie's Threads.
The designer encourages the stitcher to choose fabric and floss colors to suit your decor.
1. Stitch the pattern, repeating the stitched pattern until you achieve the size you want your box to be. My finished box is approximately 2 1/2 inches square, using the #18 Cork Linen.
2. Choose a coordinating cotton fabric for the sides and bottom of the Orts Keep.
3. With right sides together, sew a narrow seam along the length of your fabric.
4. Open fabric and iron flat.
5. With right sides together, sew a narrow seem along the short side of the fabric.
6. Fold fabric with wrong sides together.
7. With a double thickness of the coordinating fabric, cut to fit as bottom, lay right sides together and stitch around the square.
8. Pull the box inside out so that the right sides are now showing.
9. Pinch one corner, and tack with a needle and thread.
10. Do the same for each of the four corners.
Bows, Beads, Buttons or Embellishments may be added to each 'tack', if desired.
Copyright 2009 Sweetbriar Needle Design All rights reserved.